There are also specific rules for low temperature(below 5°c) chiller sizing. Please feel free to contact us.
Fill in the boxes with the following three parameters to get the estimated chiller size you need for your application.
- The flow rate
- The incoming water temperature
- The chilled water temperature you require
Chiller capacity calculation formula:
- Calculate Temperature Differential = Incoming Water Temperature (°c) – Required Chilled Water Temperature
- Calculate water flow rate that you need per hour(m³/hour)
- Calculate tons of cooling capacity = Water Flow Rate x Temp. Differential ÷ 0.86 ÷ 3.517
- Oversize the chiller by 20% Ideal Size in Tons = Tons x 1.2
- You have the ideal size for your needs
For example, what size of chiller is required to cool 5m³ water from 25°c to 15 °c in 1 hour?
- Temperature Differential = 25°c-15°c=10°c
- Water Flow Rate = 5 m³/hour
- Ton Capacity = 5 x 10 ÷ 0.86 ÷ 3.517 = 16.53 Tons
- Oversize the chiller = 16.53 x 1.2 = 19.84 Tons
- A 19.84 Tons chiller is required